Message from the Immediate Past President of AADT - Francine Ly
I want to thank everyone who helped with and attended the Asian American Caucus at the Texas Democratic Convention!
We had a fantastic turnout to support an amazing “Blue Wave” slate of elected officials and candidates on the November ballot. We heard from –
- two Supreme Court Candidates, Judge R.K. Sandill for Place 4, and Kathy Cheng for Place 6;
- Dallas County District Judge Ken Molberg, candidate for the 5th District Court of Appeals, Place 12;
- Honorable State Representative Gene Wu from House District 136; Texas State House of Representative candidates - Meghan Scoggins for House District 28 and Terry Meza for House District 105;
-Texas Senate candidate, Rita Lucido for Senate District 16;
- US Congressional candidates - Sri Preston Kulkarni for House District 22, Todd Litton for House District 2, and Jan McDowell for House District 24;
- Tanner Do, for Collin County Commissioner Precinct 2;
- Gubernatorial Candidate Lupe Valdez;
- Mike Collier for Lt. Governor;
- Harris County, County Judge Candidate - Lina Hidalgo;
- Harris County District Attorney, Kim Ogg;
- Tarrant County District Attorney candidate Albert Roberts;
- James Teel campaign for the 323rd District Court of Tarrant County;
- Tahir Javed, Host of the Houston Mayor’s Blue Ribbon Committee working to bring the 2020 Democratic National Convention to Houston, and
- Texas Democratic Party Chairman Gilberto Hinojosa.
By the end of our caucus, we had a number of Asian American elected officials and candidates who have stepped up to run for office this cycle, and I couldn’t be more proud to be an Asian American Democratic of Texas!
A special thank you to Past President/DNC member, AJ Durrani, for his amazing dedication to the AAPI communities in Texas, to our Past Vice Chair of Finance for Texas Democratic Party, Farrukh Shamsi, for his continued service as chair of AADT Executive Board Election Committee, Thompson Du for volunteering to help manage our sign-in tables, and to our Lunch Sponsors/Donors:
Former State District Judge, James Stanton of Stanton LLP
Judge R.K. Sandill of the 127th District Court of Harris County, Texas
TEXAS CLINIC Healthcare System – Fulton
Judge Dale Tillery of the 134th District Court of Dallas County, Texas
Our local chapter, North Texas Asian Democrats of Texas
Modjarrad | Abusaad | Said – MAS Law Firm
Our website is www.TexasAsianDemocrats.org, and our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. To donate go to ActBlue at https://secure.actblue.com/donate/asian-american-democrats-of-texas-pac-1.
We are Stronger Together,
Immediate Past President, Asian American Democrats of Texas